POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: "Interactive" Water Surfaces : Re: "Interactive" Water Surfaces Server Time
13 Aug 2024 11:17:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Interactive" Water Surfaces
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 20 Mar 2003 04:10:31
Message: <3e798587@news.povray.org>
You'll find the first test of interactive-objects here:

http://www.digitaltwilight.de/no_lights/mpeg/water5.mpg
 (This one is 745kb, MPG1)

It's not really the sphere interacting with surface though, but
rather the initial attempt to map a certain position onto the
surface and cause a wave-emitter there. The sphere doesn't
block waves or actually cause them by its size, its just a
single node being influenced here. This will be addressed
later.

This one isn't looping. The algorithm doesn't allow later
adjustments, at least not yet. I'm hoping I can change
that.

Enjoy,
Tim

--