POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: "Interactive" Water Surfaces : Re: "Interactive" Water Surfaces Server Time
13 Aug 2024 11:23:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Interactive" Water Surfaces
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 19 Mar 2003 17:32:18
Message: <3e78eff2$1@news.povray.org>
I plan on releasing it ASAP, but there are some issues
about how object have to interact with the surface. That
needs some trial-time, and since several planned additions
are likely to change some major parts of the code
(like precalculating walls, instead of just using the surface-
perimeter for reflection of waves; only processing the
nodes which actually contribut to changes of the surface),
I didn't release anything yet.

But as soon as the fundamental part (the setup of the surface,
its handling with boundaries, and speed-ups of parsing) is
implemented, I plan on releasing that along with the
rain-drop algorithm (which just drops some "wave-emitters"
every frame) and the boundary-algorithm, so that it is at least
possible to set a surface and let rain drip on it. The latest
macro, which drops a wave-emitter at a specified point, would
come along, and then there's something for you to toy with. :-)

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde