POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: [WIP?] Orbital Welcome Party ;-) (62kb) - orbital_povnews.jpg [0/2] : Re: [WIP?] Orbital Welcome Party ;-) (62kb) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 21:22:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [WIP?] Orbital Welcome Party ;-) (62kb)
From: Lutz-Peter Hooge
Date: 19 Mar 2003 16:34:47
Message: <3e78e277$1@news.povray.org>
Bryan <bry### [at] 209softwarecom> wrote:

> The only thing I would add is that at first glance I thought that the laser
> was coming from behind camera and piercing the ship.

I agree, have to do something to make the direction more clear.
I don't like the missile or incoming-beam idea though.
The beams are REALLY fast, so you could't possibly see them before they
are there.
I thought of making the beam disperse/split in some parts on the the other
side of the ship. Might be tricky to get to look right, though...

Lutz-Peter