POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Irradiance gradient & radiosity : Re: Irradiance gradient & radiosity Server Time
4 Oct 2024 19:21:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Irradiance gradient & radiosity
From: T J Viking
Date: 18 Mar 2003 04:56:12
Message: <3e76ed3c@news.povray.org>
> > I am not starting to understand.. I understanded it for 13 years of programming...
gosh I am so old :) sic!

> Can you refer released patches to povray source code? Other contributions to its
> development?

Nope :)
But I studied POV sources for years, side by side with my own developement and
side by side with other sources... its beutifull source of knowledge to see someones
code.

> > I wasn't complaining, my intention was to know if people need any changes...
> Can you refer in what post you asked if somebody need your fixes ? I remember:
> "Your problems are not my problems, I can live with it how POV is working."
>
> > If their are happy with current "radiosity"... OK let them live, if they are
> > sad because their renders render 72 hours or 54 days... let's help them...
>
> Did you decided to release patch before hearing our arguments?

Yes. I was using POV GI for very long period and wasn't satisfied with results.
I am planning to use it in the future... so one and only way is to patch it...

> > And what can I say... I haven't seen any enthusiasm there...
>
> Do you work only when enthusiasm is showed??? Do you have internal opinion that
> you think correct way? Then patch it and release. Simple.

Enthusiasm speeds up developement.. specially in free/open source projects.
When there is no enthusiasm... there is no need for further developement.. project
dies...

> Moreover hard to expect much enthusiasm if I can count no more 5 person who
> understand radiosity source code. Artists will appreciate your work _after_
> releasing working, well documented patch.

Count me as that 6-th :)