POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ** Visual Basic ** : Re: ** Visual Basic ** Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:27:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ** Visual Basic **
From: guygies
Date: 18 Mar 2003 01:12:44
Message: <3e76b8dc$1@news.povray.org>
I've done this exact sort of thing before, having failed to find a quick
and efficient way to interface my VB programs to pov-ray( i.e. without
rewriting the source code in VC++ to operate as an ocx, which I'm not sure
would be cool with their licensing...)
	And I have to say that although it isn't a perfect solution, calling a
	shell on pov-ray isn't a total pain. Plus you can use the API to catch the
	window handle and send signals that way.  I always just stuck to writing a
	batch file and calling pov-ray with the right command line switches. It
	worked fine for specialized animation work.

	But I also have to agree, an easy ocx patch between vb and povray would be
	super awesome.