POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Water is working now... (402kb MPG-1) : Re: Water is working now... (402kb MPG-1) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 09:24:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Water is working now... (402kb MPG-1)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 17 Mar 2003 17:59:40
Message: <3e76535c$1@news.povray.org>
Well, not extremely complicated may well be, but getting
it to work smoothly was the problem, since the algorithm
you find on the web (most often named "the magic water
algorithm") is suited for pixel-waves in order to transform
images. Processing it for 3D-meshes requires some finetuning
to the code and its setup. Since Rune and Christoph Hormann
have done this before, I've asked them povray.general, and
they gave me some useful hints for that.
They both have some animations of that on their homepages,
though Christoph hasn't put it as a stand-alone. You can find
his version under the mechanics-demonstrations (but I don't
think they're included in his patch, or are they?).

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde