POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Green radioactive goo container again : Re: Green radioactive goo container again Server Time
13 Aug 2024 13:15:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Green radioactive goo container again
From: Timon Christl
Date: 16 Mar 2003 10:11:33
Message: <3e749425$1@news.povray.org>
Apache wrote:
> Please share with us what may be wrong with the segments....

I could go into a lot of detail now, but basically the problem is this:
When placing objects along a spline by evenly subdividing the time
range, you don't get evenly placed objects in general. You would either
have to "warp" the time parameter to take that into account (doing so
exactly involves a ton of nasty math), or to do something like what Rune
did in his spline neck macro (I could have used that, but didn't find it
on my hard-disk anymore).