POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : testing 1.. 2.. 3.. 4 : Re: testing 1.. 2.. 3.. 4 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 13:19:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: testing 1.. 2.. 3.. 4
From: gonzo
Date: 15 Mar 2003 19:55:15
Message: <3e73cb73@news.povray.org>

Marc Jacquier wrote:
>I like it!
Thanks!

>Is yours a Yamaha? they use colors like that.
I have Yamaha, Samson & Tascam, but for this I used the parts & colors that
looked easiest of all 3. Same for the layout, whatever looked easiest to
program.
The main macro takes #of input_channels & #of output_channels so far. But
the
idea is that I could specify different layouts to build different types of
boards.
(Not different brands, but say a recording board, a board for large clubs,
or a
small powered mixer.)  The main macro then calls the builder macros to build
the
board from a number of part building macros.

>I'd see the pot knobs a little higher, so that we can see nuts and washers.
>Same thing for faders.
>Talkback XLR looks strange: holes 1 and 2 should be on the same diameter
and
>not on an equilateral triangle
>Phone outputs have octogonal nuts? I never ever saw that.
Heh heh, modeling was low priority, was working on arguments & scope  ;-)

>Errrrr... group 1 is clipping while its fader is cut ;-)
Damn drummers!

>If it is not from a real model, I'd put low levels of bargraphs green, just
>below 0dB yellow and red above ...
Still working on that, its a texture and haven't figured how to change it on
the fly
yet.... maybe a texture array...

>BTW they miss a scale.
Only on analog... my Tascam is digital & it stops at 0db. Weird.

>But after all it is a workshop for macros, but a good start for a desk
>image... may be in may, after IRTC round ends?.
Hmm, have to try it. It does kinda have that knob/dial testosterone
appeal...

Greg M. Johnson wrote:
>Rounded Cones may further improve the work....
Haven't tried the rounded shapes yet, I'll have to look. Or I suppose I
could
just add toruses to these...

Micheal (Mike) Williams wrote:
>Take a look at the instruments in my gallary for help with ideas like dirt
>and how to make things look real and when they do not.
Cool! Is that all POV?  I like your toggles & jacks!

Ross Litscher wrote:
>looks good. i don't have a mixing board, but the knobs on my nord lead have
>grooves in them for better grip.
Good idea...

>also, the inputs on Phones 1 and 2 don't
>look deep like holes.
You're right! I forgot to difference the console. Thanks for noticing!

>oh, some of the knobs look like they are missing the
>little line on top. maybe thats just an image resizing or AA issue.
AA I think maybe helped by lighting.  Line is there.

>i have not seen many mixing boards, but i've never seen one with pastel
>knobs :)
Funny, last time I bought a board about 6-7 years ago, they were all like
that,
very colorful.  I looked at some today at a music store & they were all in
basic
black, gray, stainless steel & aluminum. Occasionally a somber blue.  Deep.

Thanks for the comments! If I get time I'll try some out & post an update.
Now to convert boards, knobs & dials to walls, doors & windows & see if
there's an IRTC entry in here somewhere!

RG