POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Water is working now... (402kb MPG-1) : Water is working now... (402kb MPG-1) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 09:21:46 EDT (-0400)
  Water is working now... (402kb MPG-1)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 15 Mar 2003 19:34:13
Message: <3e73c685@news.povray.org>
So, after Rune and Christoph gave me that nice idea about
changing the smoothening algorithm somewhat and playing
with the "looks" of the drop falling onto the water surface,
I achieved some fairly useful results. Now I'll be moving on
to making this thing work with easy and intuitive use...

Anyways, thought I'd join this animation-test with ya. It
was rendered in 512x384 and then scaled down. It doesn't
show up very much, but the photons cast into the pool
show in the shadow of the box.
I know that this can happen, but it sure looks strange, and I
wonder if there isn't some workaround for that. Seems to me
like photon-light isn't blocked by objects. Is it?

Enjoy, I've rendered enough frames after the "rainfall" so that
you can view it looping... Or loop it while viewing... Or whatever. :-)

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde

Post a reply to this message