POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lucy in the sky with diamonds... : HOT HOVERIN' ROCK! ;) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 13:17:03 EDT (-0400)
  HOT HOVERIN' ROCK! ;)
From: St
Date: 15 Mar 2003 18:03:17
Message: <3e73b135@news.povray.org>
"Andrew" <ast### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> > "Andrew" <ast### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message

> > > You're using the correct IOR for diamond, right?

> Then change the ior of the glass to 2.47 (or whatever diamond really
is)
> and
> re-render.  You'll see that the bright spots on the ground are no
longer
> bright.  This could be the problem with your diamonds.  Have you
tried
> setting the ior to 1.5 or so, just to see what a glass "fake" would
look
> like?

      Yes, tried that last night, and you were right, the bright spots
disappeared, but the diamonds looked more like Blue Topaz than
diamonds, but REALLY GOOD Blue Topaz!! (Because of my blue sky_sphere)

   (Note to self: must remember this!)

> Thanks for the heads-up on gemcad - sounds useful.  Very useful in
fact!

   My pleasure, "Anything to help anyone" would be my motto of choice.

   So, what do you reckon to the attached now?

   With this image, I stayed with IOR 2.41 in the end.

      ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'h-d.jpg' (187 KB)