POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Irradiance gradient & radiosity : Irradiance gradient & radiosity Server Time
4 Oct 2024 17:03:25 EDT (-0400)
  Irradiance gradient & radiosity
From: Mael
Date: 15 Mar 2003 05:29:52
Message: <3e7300a0@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I've read http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/papers/erw92/paper.pdf which
explains how to use irradiance gradient (rotational (rotation of the normal)
and translational (sample point translated)) to improve extrapolation of
radiosity between sampling locations. Then I looked at pov source and I
didn't recognize anything in the gradient it calculate, in fact I don't
understand what exactly is this gradient... I tried to desactivate it then
render some radiosity scenes but see no differences ! I may have done
something wrong, so if anyone can confirm this .. ?
The rotational gradient seems easy to add to pov radiosity, but the
translational gradient is more difficult to implement (because it uses
radiance differences between neightboring samples)