POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: [WIP?] Orbital Welcome Party ;-) (62kb) - orbital_povnews.jpg [0/2] : Re: [WIP?] Orbital Welcome Party ;-) (62kb) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 15:30:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [WIP?] Orbital Welcome Party ;-) (62kb)
From: Marc Jacquier
Date: 15 Mar 2003 03:53:39
Message: <3e72ea13$1@news.povray.org>

3e727d41$1@news.povray.org...
> Renderdog <slo### [at] hiwaaynet> wrote:
>
> > The beam seems a little too solid, maybe try media.
>
> It is media, but you're right, it looks a bit too solid.

Media seem meeting the surface of the container, If you put a cylindrical
density, you could try fading it more toward the edge.
BTW speaking of realism, it is an esthetic choice because in vacuum, no
laser beam can be saw (no particle or gaz molecules to be illuminated :)

I like your clouds: they give an alien feeling to this planet so familiar by
other features.

Marc