POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : meet the ancestors, again : meet the ancestors, again Server Time
13 Aug 2024 13:13:43 EDT (-0400)
  meet the ancestors, again
From: Bill Hails
Date: 14 Mar 2003 18:37:09
Message: <3e7267a0@news.povray.org>
I've not had a lot of time to work on this since I last posted,
but I've added a sand texture in the fg, and played around
with texture maps for the grass and the sand. I've copied the
texture for the rocks from stones2.inc into my src and added
a small amount of rand pigment so they don't look so uniform,
I've used the nkflare macro and I've mutated the palm trees a
bit from the example PALM.inc that comes with tomtree (guesswork).
The blobman figures still look naff, (no offence, I couldn't do
better myself), but what do I have on Linux that can do better?

bigger rendition at http://thyme.homelinux.net/ancestors.jpg

still no radiosity or photons :-)
--
I would've gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those pesky kids!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'ancestors_med.jpg' (69 KB)

Preview of image 'ancestors_med.jpg'