POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP - Attack of the Flying Magnifying Lenses : Re: WIP - Attack of the Flying Magnifying Lenses Server Time
13 Aug 2024 13:24:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP - Attack of the Flying Magnifying Lenses
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 13 Mar 2003 19:20:20
Message: <3e712044$1@news.povray.org>
I very much like this image!

For the ant hill, you might want to work on the texture,
I guess thats the main reason why it doesn't look right.
Using a good pigment-normal combo can create the
illusion of a very granulated hill, since it wouldn't be too
obvious in this angle that its not really granular.

The smoke trails are a must for this image, and perhaps
even some effect with which the focussed light can be seen,
e.g. using media (not with photons, just some cylindrical-
spherical-combo of emission, to get that ray-effect).

All in all, a very neat idea, I think its really good, though perhaps
arealights wouldn't harm the grass' shadows.
Maybe attaching the handles to the lenses? Though that might
destroy the UFO-look, it could be worth a try for easy recognition...

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Nikias v2.0