POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : realistic image_maps : realistic image_maps Server Time
13 Aug 2024 13:13:19 EDT (-0400)
  realistic image_maps
From: Tek
Date: 13 Mar 2003 12:54:57
Message: <3e70c5f1@news.povray.org>
Whilst poking around on nVidia's website, for work-related reasons, I
stumbled across a downloadable collection of completely free textures.
They're in dds format (that's a DirectX format), for use in games, but I
converted them to targas and used them in POV! :)

So, anyway, these images are just a simple test of these textures. In most
of the renders I've used the same texture for the image_map and bump_map,
which works well on some textures but not on others. The finish settings are
my own, but they only took a couple of tries to get something looking really
natural, when normally it would take me hours to get the right effect.

Anyway, I thought you folks might find these textures useful. I know I'll be
using them in my work! The texture set is available from nvidia's website,
here: http://developer.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=IO_TTVol_01

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'TT_test4.jpg' (51 KB) Download 'TT_test.jpg' (55 KB) Download 'TT_test5.jpg' (68 KB) Download 'TT_test3.jpg' (40 KB)

Preview of image 'TT_test4.jpg'
TT_test4.jpg

Preview of image 'TT_test.jpg'
TT_test.jpg