POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Booster test (245k mpeg 1) : Re: Booster test (245k mpeg 1) Server Time
20 Aug 2024 00:41:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Booster test (245k mpeg 1)
From: Tek
Date: 13 Mar 2003 04:11:53
Message: <3e704b59@news.povray.org>
"Kitsune_e" <kit### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> The animation looks very good, and I like the way your media looks.  There
> is one issue I can see though.  The thrusters fire in response to the
> spline.  This makes it seem that they are firing in response to the change
> in direction, not causing it.  It is fairly simple to fix though, just
pass
> the thrusters spline values shifted toward one.
> i.e.
>
> thrust_time = my_spline[clock]+.1

Well actually they fire according to the acceleration at a given point in
time, which is correct. There's no lag between the ship moving and the
thrusters firing, and there shouldn't be because as soon as a thruster fires
it imparts acceleration to the ship.

Though I may add a short warm up period before they fire, so it seems less
like they can just switch on and off instantly.

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com