POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Green radioactive goo container again : Re: Green radioactive goo container again Server Time
13 Aug 2024 13:21:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Green radioactive goo container again
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 12 Mar 2003 22:34:43
Message: <3e6ffc53@news.povray.org>
Timon Christl wrote:
> Ok, I added some more details, changed the color of the goo (it's more a
> gas than goo now, I think) and tilted the camera a bit. This image took
> nearly two days to render, mostly because there are over 5000 objects in
> the scene, each of them is either a media container or is a reflective
> surface with a normal. The rest of the rendering time is of course due
> to radiosity and focal blur.

It looks really cool.. except for that spotlight on the floor. That, and
the fact that the brightly-glowing gas doesn't appear to actually
illuminate anything.

I'm sure that adding decent-quality radiosity would make the render time
obscene, but perhaps the floor could be changed to look interesting?

-Xplo