POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Halves (New Version) : Re: Halves (New Version) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 13:21:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Halves (New Version)
From: Andrew Cocker
Date: 12 Mar 2003 08:23:31
Message: <3e6f34d3$1@news.povray.org>
"ingo" <ing### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in message news:Xns### [at] povrayorg...
> in news:3e6e28cd@news.povray.org Andrew Cocker wrote:

> Yes, it's better. I like the concept of it, but have the feeling that the
> composition of the image can be improved, it feels a bit cluttered,
> without a real center of attention.

Yes, I agree it does seem a little cluttered, but I think that is caused in the main
by having
sections of the 'boxes' missing (originally they were to be whole, and the image
looked a lot
simpler). Regarding the layout, I like symmetry, and the shapes are at present
(ignoring their
rotation) symetrically placed, actually in the shape of a cross. I think I'd like to
stick
with that placement and sizing.

> Love the sand!

Yes, it worked out really well, although it's really, really simple (a height field
and an
image map), and I do feel as though I've cheated a little in using image maps, but if
it
works, it works!

Thanks for your comments,

All the best,