POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Booster glow : Re: Booster glow Server Time
13 Aug 2024 13:14:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Booster glow
From: Tek
Date: 11 Mar 2003 14:57:38
Message: <3e6e3fb2$1@news.povray.org>
Renderdog <slo### [at] hiwaaynet> wrote:
> That's amazing. I need a new machine (and perhaps more thought in my
> construction).

Well it takes only 1 minute on my 550MHz machine at home :) The 2GHz one is my
work machine, though I've just bought myself a new PC that's even faster, but
it's broken so I won't be able to use it for a few more days... :(

> I understand what you mean there. Could you leave the flame as it is with a
> deeper tunnel (more visible chrome on the inside of the nozzle)? I have no
> idea what that would look like, but I know the orbiter's main engine's blue
> flames appear to be detached from the nozzles. The orbiter's engines also
> have a nice "focusing" effect when they start up.

Yeah, I know the effect you mean. It looks cool. Though I see what you meant
about the tunnel, I was confused 'cause there -is- a tunnel ther already! The
reason you can't see it is I've foolishly coloured it black! I'll play with some
different styles and see what looks good.

> Maybe a shiny rim around the windows, similar to the thrusters, to give it a
> port-hole look. More regular spacing might also help, and none right next
> to thrusters (especially since they're nuclear :-).

Very good suggestions, I'll see what I can do :)

Thanks!

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com