POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Should I... : Re: Should I... Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:26:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Should I...
From: Timothy R  Cook
Date: 7 Mar 2003 09:56:13
Message: <3e68b30d$1@news.povray.org>
Slashdolt wrote:
> Sorry if I'm starting to sound argumentative, but if you set the Render
> priority to "Lowest", you should be able to play just about any game that
> you want.  The worst that should happen is some initial swapping of RAM to
> HD, or vice-versa.

The game I'm talking about is Terminus, a space sim...which, although I
can play it while running a render, I certainly won't attempt to be
around when the Corsairs are flying...of course, it doesn't matter if
I'm running a render or not, I'll avoid those bastards...Newtonian
physics is a harsh mistress, and their simulated reflexes are ungodly.

My only concern is that I tried playing Thief 2, it gagged and I had
to reboot the computer, and was unable to resume my render I'd been
doing...I don't want that to happen on a week+ render.

> I burned 2 CD's last weekend while my render was going, but I did pause the
> render first.  I'm not sure what you mean about it not being practical.

Hmm...I COULD pause the render, I suppose, but...really my CD burning
can wait a few days for my render to finish ;)

> My render has been running for about 7 days now, and only about 1/3 of the
> picture is done. :-/

ick

--
Tim Cook