POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Should I... : Re: Should I... Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:24:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Should I...
From: Slashdolt
Date: 7 Mar 2003 09:03:36
Message: <3e68a6b8$1@news.povray.org>
"Timothy R. Cook" <z993126bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Besides, I'd like to go for one of those new Intel processors that
> can do multithreading, and have POV run on one thread and still be
> able to use the computer...

Again, I'm not sure why you can't use your computer while it's rendering
something huge for a week.  Like I said, my system has allocated about 900MB
of RAM, and the system only has 512MB, with a single Athlon XP, and I can
still run Quake3 and NFS-HP2 largely without any noticeable loss in
performance.  Those games take quite a toll on the system, too.
Additionally, I can run however many different POV-Ray renders I want,
simultaneously, and the one in the foreground seems little affected by the
one in the background.

--
Slash