POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Should I... : Re: Should I... Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:22:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Should I...
From: AArDvarK
Date: 7 Mar 2003 08:58:21
Message: <3e68a57d$1@news.povray.org>
AArDvarK wrote:
> The athlon MP means 'multiple processor'
> and they are designed to work in winXp...
> It is a much better designed chip with it's
> FPU and cashe system. Far mor efficient.

<'Much better designed' is a qualitative assessment that
<unless you had a hand in designing BOTH chips cannot be
<given.  As far as efficiency...I would have to see some
<benchmarks.

http://www.tomshardware.com/
Any PIII or P4 can be 'dualed' on a mainboard,
it's the software that must be multi-threaded,
including the OS.

> 1600 x 1200 at what PPI? 300?

<1600x1200 total pixels.  You can make it however
<many inches you want.  It's my screen resolution.

It's not the inches, it's the pixels-per-inch, which
is true resolution. Dimensions are not true reso-
lution but it has to do with it. You could have an
image @ 1600x1200x300ppi or 1600x1200x72
ppi...

I just rendered Steve Pigon's 'information rods'
.POV set, 72ppi @ 800x600 AA 0.3 and it took
over one hour on my PIII 933/512pc133 old box.
So that is why I asked in the first place...

no offence...

What is your CPU and RAM?

Alex