POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Should I... : Re: Should I... Server Time
13 Aug 2024 13:20:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Should I...
From: Andrew Coppin
Date: 6 Mar 2003 16:32:57
Message: <3e67be89@news.povray.org>
Had to reboot XP due to a number of blue screens now... (The first one was
11.9 seconds after the very first time I ever turned on the laptop, which
was a gift... "hmmm" was what I believe I said at the time...) I prefer
WinNT myself - seems much more reliable. But hey, I've got XP here, so I'm
not paying to change it...

On a more PR-themed note... I firmly believe that it's impossible to have
enough processing power to do what you want to do with something like a
raytracer (or fractal generator btw). Of course, a good optimisation goes a
long way ;-)

Andrew.

PS. Win2k looks like it's evil. Shame that's what I'm gonna be using at
work...