POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Re: Wavelength to RGB converter? : Re: Wavelength to RGB converter? Server Time
28 Apr 2024 15:35:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wavelength to RGB converter?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 5 Mar 2003 04:49:46
Message: <3e65c83a@news.povray.org>
In article <3e655383$1@news.povray.org> , "Ian J. Burgmyer"
<the### [at] maccom> wrote:

> Right...that's why it's reproducable on my system (and yes, MacMegaPOV works
> fine).  I haven't tried the 3.5.1 preview yet, so I can't say anything about
> that.
>
> Followups set to povray.macintosh.

So you say with preview off and preemptive threading on, scenes that are not
subject to the speed improvements in MegaPOV, which are for obvious versions
not included in the official POV-Ray 3.5 as they didn't exist back then,
there is a speed difference for a scene that takes more than an 10 minutes
to render? (anything shorter wouldn't be a useful measurement)

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde