POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Render POVray file from Applescript : Re: Render POVray file from Applescript Server Time
28 Apr 2024 05:41:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render POVray file from Applescript
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 5 Mar 2003 03:39:10
Message: <3e65b7ae$1@news.povray.org>
In article <0001HW.BA8BC04F000AABCDF0284600@news.povray.org> , Martin Crisp
<Spa### [at] tesseractcomau>  wrote:

> I'm running OS X, but this should still apply to 9.2.2...
>
> You can't, directly.
<snip>
> To find out what AppleScript support POV-Ray has, use the Script
> Editor's file menu "Open Dictionary" item and select POV-Ray.
> You'll see there is no 'render' command.

You can.  Many commands are just not in the dictionary due to lack of time.
Nevertheless, the whole application is recordable.  Thus, recording the
desired action will yield the (I have to admit cryptic) AppleScript code
that will do the job.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg