POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Italian Room HDR map : Re: Italian Room HDR map Server Time
13 Aug 2024 21:19:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Italian Room HDR map
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 3 Mar 2003 16:46:49
Message: <3e63cd49@news.povray.org>

3e63aaf2@news.povray.org...
> > Here is another one.  You know, your HDR comes through as being
> > really dark, much darker than the reference probes.  I had to turn the
> > ambience up in order to get just the illumination that you see here.
Any
> > idea why that might be?
> >

> Well, this was my first experiment with a more complicated HDR scene
> than just a box. And it seems that producing good HDR images with
> PoV requires some experience than I already have.

I've played with many HDR image now and it seems that there's no real
standardisation about their ambience value. Some are very light and some are
very dark, at the point that they must be corrected in HDRShop just to see
something else than pure white or pure black... Eventually, I always have to
tweak the ambient value to get nice results. I wouldn't worry to much about
this, as long as the image is usable (which is the case here).

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com