POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Split sphere : Re: Split sphere Server Time
13 Aug 2024 15:23:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Split sphere
From: Rune
Date: 3 Mar 2003 12:36:55
Message: <3e6392b7$1@news.povray.org>
Slime wrote:
> Is it just me or is the light not coming out right
> where it should be (from the "corners" of the
> triangular objects)?

It looks tricky but the light is correct. Think of it this way - if you
look at the letter "x" from the side - then the horizontal tracing line
that crosses the least amount of ink is the one that goes through the
center, because the two lines crosses at that place, yet there is *not*
twice as much ink. It's the same with those bands of white light, where
they are crossing. Hmm, this is not a very good explanation, but maybe
you get the point... :/

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com (updated Oct 19)