POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Italian Room HDR map : Italian Room HDR map Server Time
13 Aug 2024 15:33:02 EDT (-0400)
  Italian Room HDR map
From: Ive
Date: 28 Feb 2003 07:54:22
Message: <3e5f5bfe@news.povray.org>
Hi,

as already mentioned some time ago, I have done a patched version
of PoV that does not only read but also write high dynamic range
images. This patch does not work with the radiance HDR images
used by MLPov but uses the superior LogLuv Tiff format, that
provides both, a 'higher' high dynamic range and does also cover the
full range of the visible gamut (radiance files do not!).

Anyway, here is the jpeg preview of  my simplified italian room scene -
rendered as LogLuv HDRI and for your convenience I have already
converted the original image to the Radiance file format to be easily
used with MLPov as a global illumination map.

I am definitely not sure if I have used good settings to render this hdr-
image (there are some more values to adjust for this image type) and
as you can see, the used radiosity settings where also quite poor.
But this should not matter when used just as a lighting map (well hmm,
I hope so). But for the moment, I do not have the time (and mood) to
develope this hdr-thing any further - so here is the link to download this
radiance HDR image:

http://www.lilysoft.com/gallery/download/room-luv.hdr

feel free to use it for yout own scene (in case you are bored by using
the kitchen-probe again) and note thas this image is already rendered
by using the spherical camera (there is definitely no need to simulate
the chrome ball as in photographic light probe images) so you should
use map_type 1 (and not 7 !!!) to map the image on your sphere.

And well, just in case anybody uses it, I would be glad to have a look
at the resulting image and would like to know if it works in fact similar
to the photographed probes.

-Ive

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: