POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Doppeldecker : Re: Doppeldecker Server Time
13 Aug 2024 15:24:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Doppeldecker
From: Ben T  Scheele
Date: 27 Feb 2003 23:56:53
Message: <3e5eec15@news.povray.org>
That is a cool model.  The engine is a nice contrast to the wood
texture of the rest.  It bothers me a bit how the grain is oriented.  It
would be a stronger model if you defined the struts, wings, and tail
separately, and then rotated the textures so that the grain was in the
direction of their longest dimension.  You could at least do this with the
propellor.  By the way, does "doppeldecker" mean double-decker or bi-plane?

-Ben Scheele