POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : render farm : Re: render farm - trouble farm .-) ? Server Time
19 Jul 2024 09:29:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: render farm - trouble farm .-) ?
From: Theo Gottwald *
Date: 27 Feb 2003 11:51:41
Message: <3e5e421d$1@news.povray.org>
> OTOH, smpov is an alternative. i guess that would mean less
> work! :D

Are you shure about that :-) ?

I am just mailing with Ian, cause the documentation of SMPOV is really a
mess,
so a user has many chances to make mistakes and it doesn't work.

I did SMPOV primarily for myself, so I did not write nowhere much how to use
it.
Doesn't mean its not needed. I just didn't do it. So I an tried it and had a
lot of trouble.

Just two things if anyone else has trouble with SMPOV:     ...
- Ian sent me a corrected text for SMPOV, it will be included in the next
version (thanks a lot Ian !)
- If you cannot render your file, open the com-folder and put all files
which belong to that current scene
  you want to render there. Remember: the source folder is not accessible to
the clients and
  the current SMPOV-Version only copies the ".pov"-file not any necessary
".inc" files or pictures.

-- Theo
Distributed Network-Rendering or Local SMP-Rendering on all CPU's you have.
With SMPOV und
POV-Ray 3.5. & NEW: Mega-POV 1.0 * Download free at:
http://www.it-berater.org/smpov.htm >