POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : how to make animation in mpeg file? : Re: how to make animation in mpeg file? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 12:24:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how to make animation in mpeg file?
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 27 Feb 2003 03:04:53
Message: <3e5dc6a5$1@news.povray.org>
There are several things:
1. The variable "clock". It moves from 0 to 1 during the
beginning to the end of the animation.
2. The ini-settings KFI and KFF. You set them
like this:
+KFI1 +KFF150
This would result in 150 frames numbered 001 to 150.
3. An MPEG-Encoder, like TMPEGENC
(http://www.tmpgenc.net/) can then load the images
and encode an MPEG from it.

Thats a very rough version.
The ini-settings belong either into the commandline or the
accompanying ini-file, the clock into the scene-file. E.g. if
an object should move upward during the animation,
using translate y*10*clock would move it 10 units upward
along the y-acis while the clock moves from 0 to 1.

Last but not least, POV-Ray outputs a handful of images,
which are each a frame of the animation. POV-Ray doesn't
encode MPEG or AVI by itself, you need an Encoder for
that.

Regards,
Tim

--