POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Worldbowl - As of 24-02-03 : Re: Worldbowl - As of 24-02-03 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 21:17:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Worldbowl - As of 24-02-03
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 25 Feb 2003 15:45:48
Message: <3e5bd5fc$1@news.povray.org>
> It looks great.

Thanks!

> I think real paper would shine more, even with this dim light. Also if you
> made it translucent, well, that'd be great. It'd look even better if you
> wrote the notes on the notebook by yourself (you could scan your writing
or
> just use a tablet).

That might be an idea. But unless I want the paper to be see-through, I'd
have to do some more modelling on the pages to get some
subsurface-scattering
like effects. Light should pass through, but you shouldn't be able to see
through. Any ideas?

> The overall scene looks a bit too clean. You could add
> some scratches to the table and things like that.

Thats kinda difficult to do on an already blurred-normal map (averaging
textures), but some other dirt might be in.

> Keep up the great work.

I intend to.

--
Tim Nikias