POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Pigment-mapped Bouncing Ball ... (DIVX5.02 AVI, 313KB) : Re: Pigment-mapped Bouncing Ball ... (DIVX5.02 AVI, 313KB) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 15:27:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pigment-mapped Bouncing Ball ... (DIVX5.02 AVI, 313KB)
From: Michael Andrews
Date: 25 Feb 2003 07:18:23
Message: <3e5b5f0f$1@news.povray.org>
Hi Christoph,

Christoph Hormann wrote:
> Nice. Is the mass distribution between rim masses and central mass correct
> so you get a correct moment of inertia?  Maybe you should also try making
> one side of the ball heavier. I think this would look interesting.
>
> Christoph

The ball is effectively an inflated skin, the only significant mass is
on the shell with the central mass just being a place holder to attach
the "air pressure" connections. The point masses are an approximation of
the surface area neighbourhood of the point.

An asymetric weighting of the ball might be fun to try, I'll give it a
go ...

Bye for now,
	Mike Andrews.