POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Worldbowl - As of 24-02-03 : Re: Worldbowl - As of 24-02-03 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 15:32:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Worldbowl - As of 24-02-03
From: Slashdolt
Date: 24 Feb 2003 09:57:33
Message: <3e5a32dd$1@news.povray.org>
"Abe" <bul### [at] taconicnet> wrote in message

> Finally, regarding the outdoors: I like the (almost hyper) realistic moon,
> but should it be just a little focul blurred to keep me, the viewer,
inside
> the room? I don't really know how I would feel about that. However, as you
> mentioned yourself, those clouds around the moon do need to be corrected.
> The distant clouds are ok, but where the clouds are close to the moon and
> thin, there needs to be some strong appearence of forward scattering in
the
> cloud.

I agree.  Assuming that a "camera" snapped this shot, there is too much too
close in the foreground for the moon to be so tightly focused.

Focal Blur + Area Light for the final render. Then watch your render time
move from 24 hours to something you measure in days.

For the most part, it's really looking great now, though!  Good job!

--
Slash