POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ghost appearance of moon! : Ghost appearance of moon! Server Time
13 Aug 2024 15:33:40 EDT (-0400)
  Ghost appearance of moon!
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 21 Feb 2003 08:29:52
Message: <3e5629d0@news.povray.org>
After some final exam (for this month) I've picked up
on Worldbowl 2003 again. Now I've found this:
the moon gets refracted in the water-droplets *all
of a sudden* - it didn't do so in former traces, but I'm
not sure where that might come from.
It does look a little strange, and the image below
shows the effect with a red moon, to make it obvious
and see if it was due to lighting or refraction. It
is refraction, the ghost moves with the ior value towards
the right.

Anyways, does this look kinda real, or should I just
dump the water-droplets?

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde