POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Our Favourite TF1/TFC/Q3A/UF/etc... Level : Re: Our Favourite TF1/TFC/Q3A/UF/etc... Level Server Time
13 Aug 2024 15:23:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Our Favourite TF1/TFC/Q3A/UF/etc... Level
From: Ian J  Burgmyer
Date: 21 Feb 2003 00:25:26
Message: <3e55b846$1@news.povray.org>
Yay!  2Fort!  That sure brings back memories of good ol' Classic TF.  2Fort
was the first TF map I ever played...heh...that was (yikes) 6 years ago.

My only gripe is the lighting -- the real 2Fort is a bit darker (I always
used to build sentry guns in the dark areas under the ramps and on the path
leading up to the elevator).  I like how you did the ceiling part,
though...looks very Quake-like!  The textures could use a little more
bumpiness (try a scaled down granite normal) and, IIRC, the ramps were
wooden in the original (wood is sort of hard to make in POV, though).  It
also looks like JPEG hates your red ramps (hate it back!). ;)

-Ian