POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Weeds (Tall Grass) [100KB] : Re: Weeds (Tall Grass) [100KB] Server Time
13 Aug 2024 15:29:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Weeds (Tall Grass) [100KB]
From: Slashdolt
Date: 20 Feb 2003 09:39:37
Message: <3e54e8a9$1@news.povray.org>
"Marc Jacquier" <jac### [at] wanadoofr> wrote in message
> Hey! Quite good and interesting.
> Thank you in advance for the future uses I'll make of this :-)

Other possible uses include straw/hay.  I haven't tried this, but it should
be pretty easy to simply limit the rotation of the weeds, and the blades
comprising them, generating a mostly flat mat of straw, laying horizontally.
After the IRTC deadline, perhaps I'll work on that macro as well.

As far as getting different colors, I'm thinking I'll use a texture map (not
yet in the code), which could be passed into the macro itself.  Then each
weed could grab a random position in the texture map which would determine
its color, by simply translating the texture by a random number.  In that
way, the weed textures could be as varied as you'd like.

My personal feeling is that I would like to contribute as much as I can to
the creation of pov-ray objects as I can.  Using modelers is fine, but
keeping it all in the code is even better, imho, especially for plants.

--
Slash