POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Pigment-mapped Bouncing Ball ... (DIVX5.02 AVI, 313KB) : Re: Pigment-mapped Bouncing Ball ... (DIVX5.02 AVI, 313KB) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 09:27:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pigment-mapped Bouncing Ball ... (DIVX5.02 AVI, 313KB)
From: Michael Andrews
Date: 20 Feb 2003 08:20:01
Message: <3e54d601$1@news.povray.org>
Hi Tim,

Tim Nikias wrote:
> I've got an include which could be suited for the job:
> the IO-Macros, which you can find on my homepage.
> They'll at least write an array (any 5-dimensional) to
> disk and may load it. But they may not be what you want,
> still you might want to have a look at those for input-output
> "examples".

Not really what I want, but thanks for the thought. For reusing things
like meshes in an animation I usually write the complete mesh to a file
on the first frame and then just #include "hull.msh" or whatever on
subsequent frames. It only takes a couple more #writes() and I don't
have to worry about parsing anything back in - just let PoV do the work
for me :-)

Bye for now,
	Mike Andrews.