POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Violent streak (95kbu) : Re: Violent streak (95kbu) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:29:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Violent streak (95kbu)
From: Alan Holding
Date: 18 Feb 2003 13:26:20
Message: <3e527acc@news.povray.org>
"Greg M. Johnson" <gregj:-)56590@ao:-)l.com> wrote in message
news:3e524aec$1@news.povray.org...
> Nice detail. Is it csg of pov primitives?

Hi Greg,

The robot is all CSG, with squashed, stretched and generally mangled primitives
for the rest.

The guns (for which I had to do some research into the truly frightening world
of armament websites) are part of Questor's Modern Firearms collection in DAZ's
free archive.  Used PoseRay 2.6.6.202 to convert them to POV meshes and then
tweaked the textures for that cheapo plastic look.

The posing system is all FK, by the way.  I'm not clever enough to implement an
IK system.  The way the robot has been 'rigged' could allow for one to be
slotted in, so if anyone wants to try when I release the code (soon-ish!),
please do.