POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : technology derailed? : Re: technology derailed? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:24:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: technology derailed?
From: gonzo
Date: 17 Feb 2003 15:17:06
Message: <3e514342@news.povray.org>
Doctor John wrote in message news:
> > At a quick guess, I'd go with Alf Peake's focal blur solution.

Thanks for all the suggestions!  I'll try out JPGargoyle's aa settings, and
play around
with focal blur as Alf suggested (but the creative process has already added
objects
in the background that may make focal blur a moot remedy...)  I'm also going
to try
changing the rail object (currently a flattened cylinder) to a prism to see
if putting a
sharper edge on it helps.

> > I certainly > wouldn't go down the route of part-renders cut and pasted.
IIRC it
> > contavenes the IRTC rules ;-) ;-)

Nope.  I never use any post processing except occasional gamma or contrast
correction, and that only seldom. Part of the fun is figuring out how to get
everything
to work in one take! Pasting part-renders together would be too easy. ;)

> > BTW Is that the Nullarbor I see in the image?

Heh heh, may be.. accidentally!   I've never been there, but a friend who
has done
some cave-diving there took one look and said the same thing.  Probably the
colors.
I originally was going for a generic mid-west US of A look, but my Nebraska
plains
texture looked too green after radiosity played with it, so I backed the
greens off to
more of a gray. After looking at some of his photos, gray seems to be a
Nullarbor
specialty.

My tracks look empty, know where I can find any slightly used locomotives?
;)

RG