POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Old Brick Wall [156 kb] : Re: Old Brick Wall [156 kb] Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:25:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old Brick Wall [156 kb]
From: Doctor John
Date: 16 Feb 2003 10:20:35
Message: <3e4fac43$1@news.povray.org>
"Renderdog" <slo### [at] hiwaaynet> wrote
<snip>
> and you've overcome that problem well. But you might try varying
> the individual brick's size and position. To me these don't look
> like individual bricks, but more like a pattern. Aging individual
> bricks by chipping off corners and such would make the wall look
> older, and areas of patched mortar might also show it's age.

Good point, I'll have a look at the code again and see if I can change the
sizes and positions a bit more. It's a bit harder chipping individual bricks
to order but again I'll try and as for the mortar patching - Excellent point
and not too hard to implement.

> Good luck with your entry!

Thanks, and if you're also entering the same wishes to you.

John
--
War is not good for children and other living things