POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : WIP: fractal animation : WIP: fractal animation Server Time
19 Jul 2024 09:15:57 EDT (-0400)
  WIP: fractal animation
From: Andrew Coppin
Date: 16 Feb 2003 05:09:13
Message: <3e4f6349@news.povray.org>
Hi folks.

I posted a still from this in povray.binaries.images yesterday... Well
anyway, I finally suceeded in finishing the actual animation. (Overnight
render, 6 hours 45 mins - 2 hours parsing + 4 3/4 hours rendering!)

When the first frame is rendered, POV-Ray sits there generating a 2MB
include file containing all the fractal data. (This is *not* included in the
time given above.) Once this file exists, it is reused for each frame (since
the fractal itself doesn't change during the animation).

I shrank the animation down to 320 x 240, but it's still a tad big -
2,335,026 bytes (ie, about 2MB). It can be found (hopefully!) at

http://www.btinternet.com/~Orphi/Video/Mandel-Flight-3-Small.m1v

(Assuming the people who host my website get their stuff right of course!!!)

I'm still not *quite* happy with the way it looks... the "particles" don't
look right at all, but the lighting is fairly good...

Comments?

Andrew.