POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : stack overflow excerption, see p.b.i : Re: stack overflow excerption, see p.b.i Server Time
2 Sep 2024 02:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: stack overflow excerption, see p.b.i
From: Kruger
Date: 15 Feb 2003 13:02:52
Message: <3e4e80cc@news.povray.org>
well, I looked at POV help, and my best guess is it relates to the angle of
refraction.  with a diferent angle, you would strick different areas inside
your bowl, and each time you hit it creates new rays.  Well with a decreased
angle, I expect it doesn't get to an unstable number of trace levels.  But
since you want a realistic refraction of the water stay with the ior=1.33
and tweek the trace level.

I'm sure others may have a better way of explaining this if I confused you.

Kruger