POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : MechSim Bouncing Ball ... (Divx 5 AVI, 470K) : Re: MechSim Bouncing Ball ... (Divx 5 AVI, 470K) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 15:27:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MechSim Bouncing Ball ... (Divx 5 AVI, 470K)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 14 Feb 2003 13:28:00
Message: <3e4d3530@news.povray.org>
Well, I guess if you take the center and two corners which
are perpendicular to each other, or maybe even three (or
almost perpendicular), you might create some sort of
axis-recognition, making it possible to use a simple sphere
and rotate it properly...

I'm don't have much time at the moment, but Rune is one
of those guys who seems to move freely with those kind of
algorithms, he might have some advice. And if you kicked
this ball animation all by yourself, then you could probably come
up with something like that yourself as well...

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde