POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: German book on plant modelling with POV-Ray images : Re: German book on plant modelling with POV-Ray images Server Time
26 Apr 2024 01:51:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: German book on plant modelling with POV-Ray images
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 13 Feb 2003 15:03:52
Message: <3e4bfa28@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I'm proud of having an image of mine included in the Deussen book on plant
modelling.
But the xfrog trees fail in good branch / trunk connections. Of course this
is true for most tree generators so far.
But recently I found this:
http://www.polas.net/trees/treesdesigner1.html
This program, a Lightwave plugin, makes the most realistic branch trunk
joints.
A second feature are the advanced UV-mapping features of "Treesdesigner".
If you can implement this two features, Pov-Ray would be outstanding in
making natural scenes.

But your little java tool is very useful as it is, thank you for it!

Norbert