POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : fish glass [WIP] (JPG 22KB) : fish glass [WIP] (JPG 22KB) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:28:56 EDT (-0400)
  fish glass [WIP] (JPG 22KB)
From: Dirk "DIRKO" Legler
Date: 12 Feb 2003 15:02:56
Message: <3e4aa870@news.povray.org>
Hi!

I have to do some work for school and decided to make a POV image. Here's
the current state of it.
The fish is from sPatch Object collection, created by Johann Snyman
http://mzone.mweb.co.za/residents/mwsny001/index.html . I will try one on my
own in hamapatch this weekend.

When rendering the scene in POVray, there's a "stack overflow excerption".
MegaPOV 1's output is fine (as fine as it can be after a 2-day-work of a
POV-newbie). As I found out by commenting out some parts of the scene, the
water causes the error. Here's its code:

 difference {
  sphere {<0,1,0>,.98}
  box {<-1,1.35,-1>,<2,3,2>}
  texture {pigment {Clear}}
  interior {fade_color ior 1.33}
  scale .999
  //photons {target refraction on reflection off}
  normal {ripples .4 frequency 1 scale .6}
 }

The photons statement is commented out because I didnt use them on the water
object when rendering the scene. Do you have any ideas to get rid of that
error?

Suggestions, tips, ... for the scene are welcome!

My plans for future versions:
* objects (a room or something) instead of just grey background-color
* a desk lamp giving a spotlight on the fish glass
* media to show the spotlight better
alternative version:
* fish lying outside the glass, spotlight on it

Yours,

Dirk "DIRKO" Legler
[geek-code not implemented yet ;)]

PS: The image was rendered with 800*600, AA 0.3, but cut to a smaller size.
PPS: It's my first real POVray scene.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'fisch1.jpg' (22 KB)