POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Media effects... (Worldbowl 2003 WIP) : Re: Media effects... (Worldbowl 2003 WIP) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 23:20:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media effects... (Worldbowl 2003 WIP)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 11 Feb 2003 17:16:05
Message: <3e497625@news.povray.org>
Its an interesting idea. I wonder though how to depict that,
with the small scale and the boundaries of the sphere... And
its daylight inside the bowl, because the lamp is on (and this
is an essential lighting part for the image in its entity), so I can't
depict some epic struggle in the darkness with a spotlight
(metaphorically talking here).
And putting some warscene in there might appear a little
like some Vietnam-Soldier, haunted by his memories (I don't
want to offend any of those, its just something I don't want
to convey with the image).
Something dramatic might be nice inside the bowl, but I
have no clue what would be fitting.

Heh, perhaps someone jumping off the lighthouse? Naah.

It is a nice idea, but it strays off from the original concept of
the image (in which the worlbowl represented something like
a broader view on things, where detail is lost). Why don't you
go ahead and try something like that? I wouldn't mind anyone
using the idea of the worldbowl. Since I'll make the code
public when its done, I'd have no problems with some version
of my worldbowl with interesting interiors.
Might even make a nice POV-Community-Series or such. :-)

Naah, my images don't cause that much stirring... :-)

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde