POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Media effects... (Worldbowl 2003 WIP) : Re: Media effects... (Worldbowl 2003 WIP) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:29:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media effects... (Worldbowl 2003 WIP)
From: Thomas Willhalm
Date: 11 Feb 2003 12:30:18
Message: <3e493327@news.povray.org>
Tim,

first of all, I really like your project although I haven't followed
it too closely. In particular, I like the last addition.

St. wrote:

>> The problem about the objects that might be put into the
>> worldbowl is the scale. For one, the scale inside is just
>> extreme, if you look at the snow-covered peaks of the
>> mountains, an actual aeroplane would probably be only
>> about two or maximum of 3 pixels large.
>> Perhaps I'll have to change the scale of the mountains,
>> especially their steepness and the texturing, to get a smaller
>> scale, and then create some huts or such...
>> I kinda like the idea of some small campfire with a little
>> smoketrail (media, of course). Though its broad daylight inside
>> the bowl... Hm. Got to give it some more thought.
>
>      Yes, I understand, and nice idea. Basically, all I'm saying is
> that something should be added that associates a little more with a
> 'World' as we know it imo (if that's what you're after), and this is
> limitless... I thought about a 'plane, but yes, probably too small to
> recognise, whereas I can just see a small ship in the sea with a
> smoking funnel... (bigger than a plane in real terms of course).

I agree with St. that some live sign(s) would add to this scene.
I thought of a sailing ship and/or a (light) house. Something very
small that you can only recognize if you look close enough.

Happy tracing
Thomas