POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Your model of an existing image. What to do...? : Re: Your model of an existing image. What to do...? Server Time
26 Jun 2024 14:01:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Your model of an existing image. What to do...?
From: pan
Date: 11 Feb 2003 09:30:49
Message: <3e490919@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote in message news:3e4837e1@news.povray.org...
> I've sPatched and then povrayed a model of an an existing image, but
> what's the irtc etiquette with this? I.E., what do you actually do in
> your irtc submission? Do you give a link to the image in your text
> file so that others can see a difference in your image, (if any!)  ;)
> or not?

Including a link to an image you've used to model from would be a
nice addition to your entry form. Doing so will add interest to the
judging of your entry - more to look at and more to think about.

Any risk of  showing a badly done reproduction will be offset by
your obvious willingness to amplify a judge's understanding
and to make background data more complete.

Other judges may differ in their opinion, of course.

Too many entrants include too little information about their
work.

pan