POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Dominos without MechSim (0/2) : Re: Dominos without MechSim (0/2) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 15:19:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dominos without MechSim (0/2)
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 11 Feb 2003 07:53:20
Message: <3e48f240@news.povray.org>
> animation is separated from the rendering. This have two
> advantages, you can concentrate on the modelling using
> low(er) quality real-time output i.e OpenGL and later
> achieve maximum quality output by batch rendering the
> output of the modeller.

This is a matter of coding the POV script to deal with 2 situations: A final
render, and test render.. I've begun to do this.. This means that I build
the world so that I can switch between the two modes, with one global
boolean variable.. It doesn't mean that I code 2 variants of every object,
but that I switch off the most cpu intensive tasks, until I want a the final
rendering.

Regards,
Hugo